NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Does a bigger sensor make a better picture?

2 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

But you can take larger sensor and make it if with the FOV you are interested in - by changing FL, and if you couple that change in FL with change in aperture size - then you get faster system which larger sensor allows for.

In that sense - it's not just the FOV.

This would require the question to be, 'Does taking a picture with a bigger scope and a bigger chip make a better picture?' to which the answer would be 'Yes,' provided all the other ten thousand parameters 🤪 were adjusted to provide parity!

Olly

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

This would require the question to be, 'Does taking a picture with a bigger scope and a bigger chip make a better picture?' to which the answer would be 'Yes,' provided all the other ten thousand parameters 🤪 were adjusted to provide parity!

Olly

So the answer is yes :D (with caveats, but still yes).

I am glad we had this discussion , any man needs a long term purpose , thus the economy account for my Hasselblad & its assorted 5.5" APO with 3.7" focuser was initiated.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Bivanus said:

any man needs a long term purpose

Ah, but there's purpose and putting it into practice. I'm in the latter having rejigged something which I'm yet to use due to the awful weather, I suppose that provides me the long term purpose.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1