NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging by Constellation

No, stars will be near white and bright even with a single 5-10s exposure. Maybe try upping the contrast of the image to start with, and possibly the brightness, if you've got more advanced features in the software you can edit values in the range (shadows/black point, mid point and highlights/white point). The data's there in the image, this is a less than 10s edit on my phone of your image above:

C-2023_A3_copy2.thumb.png.ca9f739d3db5b370ac1badefbe02df602.png.6c3b0f6cc9d5fea24e2902a863efb35c.png

Thanks for the feedback Elp.

Actually finding the Comet is down to the author of the 'Orbitals' plugin in NINA, not me. 😉

I used Affinity Photo 2 to both stack and process the image,  so I need to put in a bit more time on the learning curve!

I should probably get on the PixInsight learning curve too.

Appreciate your time Elp.

Pat

You don't necessarily need PI, I've been doing it over four years and never felt the need to as most of my PP is done in GIMP/PS, I've also recently got Affinity. Siril does most of the critical pre processing functions you need and it's free.