NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help identifying older Meade reflector

Hello, everyone!

I've been interested in astronomy since I was a little kid, and over the years have wanted to purchase a serious telescope for backyard observation, but never did so for a few reasons, but mainly that where I live (Western Pennsylvania) has far too many cloudy nights to justify buying an expensive telescope.

A very good friend recently gifted me his older Meade 8 inch reflector, and I'm hoping to find some information on it.  I have reached out to Meade's customer service, but haven't heard anything back yet.  Perhaps someone here can help me identify the model, and even find some manuals and/or accessory lists for this unit.

I'm attaching a few pictures of the telescope and mount.  Any help would be appreciated!

I'm excited to start observing just as soon as I get a clear sky.

576-1024 (2).jpg

576-1024 (1).jpg

576-1024.jpg

• Like 1

I should add that there are no identifying markings on either the mount or the telescope other than what appears in the pictures above.

I think that is one of the Meade Starfinder range:

Meade Instruments An Oldie But Goodie! Meade's 10 PC: Tom , 45% OFF

It looks like yours has had a 2 inch focuser upgrade over the stock 1.25 inch.

• Like 1