Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Posted (edited)

I don't know how but one of my cables keeps getting tangled up to the point it's starting to split in 3 places one where the connection is. 

Does anyone know where I can get some from and how long do I need to get the one getting tangled is about a metre long which could be why it's getting tangled. 

I went out this afternoon to do some solar about 12.15pm when I came to take it apart it was wrapped around the mount and nearly pulling out of the box. 

Paul 

20240501_175344.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

15 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

The dec cable should be routed above the RA axis. You have it underneath.

I didn't even notice thanks do you know where I get any FLO havnt got any I have done a Google search and got nothing please. 

I don't actually. It should just be a matter of finding out the plug type and buying a replacement of the same type. Have you looked on the actual Skywatcher website?

Posted (edited)

Yes they don't have any on the website I've searched. 

I think it's a 8 pin din plug well I have sent for one from ebay just hope it works. 

IMG-20240501-WA0008.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

The DEC cable on my EQ-5 mount is a pain. When the mount is doing a meridian flip I always keep an eye on it to make sure it does not get snagged.  A longer more flexible cable or a curly cable would be more satisfactory.

11 hours ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

The DEC cable on my EQ-5 mount is a pain. When the mount is doing a meridian flip I always keep an eye on it to make sure it does not get snagged.  A longer more flexible cable or a curly cable would be more satisfactory.

I have never had a problem before just this last few weeks I have a short one which goes from the control box to the RA then a longer lead 24" goes from the Dec on the mount to the Dec axis where the scope is, that's the one keeps snagging. 

I have the scope horizontal when I plug them in so I don't know why it does it. 

Hopefully with this right angled one it won't do it. 

I have had to tape the cable up in three places one being just behind the plug.