Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Results of 3 nights combined

Ok not sure why i have tadpoles, will maybe reduce the number of frames so more bad ones are rejected? But this is looking promising. TY again, again for your help with this.

Multisessionresult.jpg

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

tadpoles

Looks like a flats issue to me, or they're out of alignment with the lights.

If you're stacking pre calibrated master stacks you don't go through calibration again. You just skip to registration, then stacking. This is because your master stacks will have had their calibration files applied per each light session, from my experience flats do not work well if you reuse them, only perhaps in a observatory setup where the scope and train do not get disturbed. All it takes is a new spec of dust, moisture on the objective or worse slight camera rotation to make flats unusable.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, alacant said:

Stack e.g. sigma clip low 5 high 2

HTH

Will give that a try.

I rejected like 80% until tadpole tail was mostly gone.

Feels like I'm almost there with the process, need better data.

5 minutes ago, Elp said:

If you're stacking pre calibrated master stacks you don't go through calibration again. You just skip to registration, then stacking. This is because your master stacks will have had their calibration files applied per each light session, from my experience flats do not work well if you reuse them, only perhaps in a observatory setup where the scope and train do not get disturbed. All it takes is a new spec of dust, moisture on the objective or worse slight camera rotation to make flats unusable.

I messed up a set of flats I think cos lint fell from white cloth I stretched over before taking ;(

If you're lucky you can simply clone stamp the defects out. Not so much if it's swamped with the things overlaying nebulosity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elp said:

I have flats for each session but in hindsight the ones for session 3 aren't great but better than not using them.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, alacant said:

Stack e.g. sigma clip low 5 high 2

HTH

Holy smoly that did it, ty so much. will try rejecting a few more frames see if it improves any. the lack of green is purely due to my mastery of pressing photometric colour calibration. Tadpoles definately fixed by this though.

not sure if i'm using the best stacking option/s otherwise, but its a really good start - ty so much. 

gonna re register using 2xdrizzle now i know it works and do my post processing :)

no tad poles.jpg

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

thanks all for your help. my post processing is a tad random. i like the golden colour on my previous image at the top of this thread, but also like the result created with all of your help :)  More silvery dunno if that's more 'correct' or not :)

Processed_2024-05-01fromstarsharp.thumb.png.c298c05f3cc117be532e81083349c96a.png

11 hours ago, alacant said:

TiffsAndAstroGFP😉

Didn't expect GFP to pop up on here

16 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Definitely check out deep sky astro video on sirilic.

Thanks for the recommendation I gave this a watch and it looks fairly straightforward now.  Will give it a try the next time I have multiple sessions to stack. The only thing I was unsure of was of you can use a constant bias value rather feeding it a set of bias frames. I'll have to look at the docs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swillis said:

Didn't expect GFP to pop up on here

Thanks for the recommendation I gave this a watch and it looks fairly straightforward now.  Will give it a try the next time I have multiple sessions to stack. The only thing I was unsure of was of you can use a constant bias value rather feeding it a set of bias frames. I'll have to look at the docs

Not sure if that's possible. Still beyond my understanding \ abilities 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Swillis said:

The only thing I was unsure of was of you can use a constant bias value rather feeding it a set of bias frames.

p1.png.66eb8ef4a44d60e2db74d75a18dc2e86.png.d9311ad50899ae800059dc6d5aaf70d4.png

Or of course whatever offset your camera is set to. This is for the OP's 600d.
I recommend learning Siril manually to begin with. Perhaps better go with Sirilic when you have that mastered. Otherwise it can become a time consuming guessing game!

HTH

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

doesn't seem to be any option to remove the failed frames within plot.

Right click on the frame -> exclude

22 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Global Star Alignment

Correct. 

• Like 1

I have just tested Sirilic and you can use a constant bias value. Just click edit and type in =2048.

@TiffsAndAstro thanks for the recommendation, I'll probably stick with manual in Siril for most cases just so I know more about what is going on, but I can see this being useful with more than a couple of sessions to stack.

• Like 1

Just now, Swillis said:

I have just tested Sirilic and you can use a constant bias value. Just click edit and type in =2048.

@TiffsAndAstro thanks for the recommendation, I'll probably stick with manual in Siril for most cases just so I know more about what is going on, but I can see this being useful with more than a couple of sessions to stack.

I think I'm in similar boat. I'm going to do more manual stuff in siril especially single nights, while I try and learn it But sirilic looks potentially great for multiple night stuff.