Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Images from earlier this month.

bosun21

I managed to grab a few hours on the moon earlier this month which was a task due to being ill with pneumonia at the time. Just got around to processing them as I was clearing space on my computer. The seeing was very good on the night with no wind if I remember correctly. I really need to centre the targets better. This was with my 250mm Synscan dobsonian and ASI462MC.

Screenshot_20240418-1411003.thumb.png.ee6404f884da5b607df0924366914545.png

Clavius

Alpine Mountain Range 

Screenshot_20240418-141838~3.png

Edited by bosun21
Add photo
  • Like 11

• bosun21 changed the title to Images from earlier this month.
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Kon said:

Nice images Ian. I hope you are over the illness and hopefully start imaging again, if this weather ever improves.

Yes I am feeling well again and eager to get back out under the sky again. I may capture some more lunar images but my passion is for the planets themselves and I'm eagerly awaiting  their return. I am particularly looking forward to Mars this apparition. I'll keep busy meantime doing visual and some EAA which I also really enjoy.

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

Yes I am feeling well again and eager to get back out under the sky again. I may capture some more lunar images but my passion is for the planets themselves and I'm eagerly awaiting on their return. I am particularly looking forward to Mars this apparition. I'll keep busy meantime doing visual, which I also really enjoy.

I prefer the planets too, but I do enjoy the crater close ups. A few more months and we will be out again. Saturn is looking interesting from down under with the rings edge on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

I prefer the planets too, but I do enjoy the crater close ups. A few more months and we will be out again. Saturn is looking interesting from down under with the rings edge on.

Yes Saturn will be interesting due to the rings positioning. I think all our focus will now be on the surface details of the planet which are difficult to begin with. I really hope you manage to get the tracking problem sorted out. I would be pulling my hair out if it was me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

Yes Saturn will be interesting due to the rings positioning. I think all our focus will now be on the surface details of the planet which are difficult to begin with. I really hope you manage to get the tracking problem sorted out. I would be pulling my hair out if it was me.

I ordered the motor, let's see .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 3:09 PM, bosun21 said:

Yes I am feeling well again and eager to get back out under the sky again. I may capture some more lunar images but my passion is for the planets themselves and I'm eagerly awaiting  their return. I am particularly looking forward to Mars this apparition. I'll keep busy meantime doing visual and some EAA which I also really enjoy.

I am happy for your recovery, with antibiotics today certain diseases can be controlled. I too am waiting for the next opposition of Mars which must be difficult with only 14.6"; I found the last one in December 2022 not easy with around 17". I was wondering if we could start from this period with Mars which has 4.73" apparent diameter, perhaps with a C8 or the Vixen 102 M we will see something.

Edited by Gonariu
  • Like 1