Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon Images...

Hi all. The other night my already faulty intervalometer stopped working altogether so I saved the precious clear night sky time by taking some short vids of our Moon for later processing. I'm not really happy with them but atleast I got something to show for my night! 

Both images from exact same data, just processed slightly differently.

*1 x 8 minute video @30fps

*1200 x best frames stacked after PIPP. used Autostakkert and Registax

1st image simply 1200 best frames stacked in Autostakkert. Slight wavelets adjustment for sharpness.

*2nd image had - wavelets, colour adjustment ( RGB ) and colour enhancement.

*Mount - SW HEQ5 Pro

*Telescope - SW 200P

*Canon T1i DSLR "unmodded"

I also took some close up videos of Lunar surface with ASI 224MC and ASI Air Pro but haven't managed to get data transferred from the tiny 32GB Air memory card onto the 64GB Dongle, so those processed images will be coming in a few days. If they're half decent I'll enter them into SGL's Lunar surface competition.

MVI_7562_pipp_lapl5_ap373.png

Moo.Processed.1.png

• Like 2

Clear images but just a bit too bright IMHO.

I'm not quite clear why you are transferring images from the micro sd card to the 64gb usb. Why don't you just send the images directly to the usb dongle in the first place? Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick. 

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2024 at 08:40, LaurenceT said:

Clear images but just a bit too bright IMHO.

I'm not quite clear why you are transferring images from the micro sd card to the 64gb usb. Why don't you just send the images directly to the usb dongle in the first place? Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick. 

@LaurenceT Hi Laurence! No honestly thank you for the constructive feedback my friend! I really would prefer people were totally honest with me so I can recognise my mistakes and improve my astro-images! 

So in relation to the micro-sd and dongle issue, you're 100% correct, all it was, was I forgot to change the settings in my Air to save files to Dongle instead of sd card! lol. I ended up finally working out how to transfer all the files direct from my Air's sd card to my home computer via WiFI. It was literally my first ever night gathering data using my Air in place of my Laptop. So i'm still learning but i'm fairly pleased with my progress thus far! 

Kind Regards, Wes.

• Like 1