NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm in two minds of which 2" diagonal to sell with my Tal now I have seen how much the Altair lightwave is to buy new on that note can anyone identify this one please and tell me if it is any good. 

Thanks

Paul 

20240419_171913.jpg

20240419_171924.jpg

20240419_171930.jpg

20240419_171938.jpg

That looks very similar / the same as the Skywatcher 2 inch dielectric and also the Opticron one, which FLO sold a few years back. I'm sure it would work well with a 4 inch F/10 achromat such as the TAL 100.

It's probably very nearly as good, maybe just as good, as the Altair one.

Edit: check that the 2 inch diagonal will actually come to focus in the TAL 100. I've known of TAL's with the sort of focuser yours has, where even though they would take a 2 inch diagonal, you could not get an eyepiece to focus in it !

Edited by John

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, John said:

That looks very similar / the same as the Skywatcher 2 inch dielectric and also the Opticron one, which FLO sold a few years back. I'm sure it would work well with a 4 inch F/10 achromat such as the TAL 100.

It's probably very nearly as good, maybe just as good, as the Altair one.

Edit: check that the 2 inch diagonal will actually come to focus in the TAL 100. I've known of TAL's with the sort of focuser yours has, where even though they would take a 2 inch diagonal, you could not get an eyepiece to focus in it !

The Altair does focus but I needed an extra few mm to focus when using high mag eyepieces, I bought a low profile 2-1.25" adapter  and got an extra 11mm having no shoulder on the adapter. But if you say the Skywatcher/ Opticron is just as good I will just sell the Tal with the Altair in. 

Thanks John appreciate that.

I found this so definitely comparable think I will stick with it and leave the Altair one on the Tal.  

Paul

Edited by wookie1965