Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M44

YogSothoth

1 hour ago, SwiMatt said:

Very nice sketch!

Thanks. I’m quite pleased with it, although some of the fainter stars seem have increased in magnitude a bit in my sketch 😂

• Haha 2

That looks pretty accurate @YogSothoth - i took the liberty of identifying a coupe of double star targets in M44 if thats your thing - i'm identifying the primaries with the arrows not identifying you drew them with their secondaries already 🙂 - sounds a bit left field i know but i am currently compiling a list of targets in targets (double stars in Messier open clusters basically) so these were top of mind this morning...

Top arrow is 38 Cancri (possibly), and the bottom arrow is 41 Cancri (possibly)

IMG_2133.thumb.jpeg.3fec577527aa1e67790e68bb8f7eed30.jpeg.78277064c1bba87a9192db4907cb950d.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, josefk said:

That looks pretty accurate @YogSothoth - i took the liberty of identifying a coupe of double star targets in M44 if thats your thing - i'm identifying the primaries with the arrows not identifying you drew them with their secondaries already 🙂 - sounds a bit left field i know but i am currently compiling a list of targets in targets (double stars in Messier open clusters basically) so these were top of mind this morning...

Top arrow is 38 Cancri (possibly), and the bottom arrow is 41 Cancri (possibly)

IMG_2133.thumb.jpeg.3fec577527aa1e67790e68bb8f7eed30.jpeg.78277064c1bba87a9192db4907cb950d.jpeg

Thanks for that. I’m quite interested in double stars, so I’ll have a look next time. I was using a 24mm eyepiece, giving me a mag of x31, so I didn’t notice that the stars you pointed out were doubles. I’ll have a look using a higher magnification next time

• Like 1