Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

skywatcher eq5 pro handset

Hi there all, newbie here! Could anybody tell me how or if I can connect my sky watcher eq5 pro Synscan handset to a Virtuosa heritage 90 mount? I have the handset, I also have the main control board, I have an rj45 to rj12 cable and I have rj45 to rj45 cable. will it work if I flash it? what and where and how could I flash it and what cables can or should I use please?? any help much appreciated, Chris (doug) <private contact details removed>

IMG-20240331-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240331-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240331-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240331-WA0002.jpg

Edited by Cornelius Varley
private contact details removed

From a BBC magazine review: As a bonus, the mount has a port for a SynScan AZ handset, giving you the option to turn this into a full Go-To mount.

I don't think we have the full story here.  If you have an EQ-5 Synscan mount, why not just mount the heritage 90 on it instead of on the Virtuoso mount?

Edited by Cornelius Varley
formatting corrected

You don't need the control panel. Just plug the hand controller into the Virtuoso mount via the dedicated HC port. The hand controller should be able to detect that it's now operating in ALT/AZ mode.

Edited by bosun21