Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hotec Advanced CT Collimator setup

Hi,  I have just received a Hotec Advanced CT Collimator, the same as this one https://www.firstlightoptics.com/hotech-collimation-tools/hotech-advanced-ct-laser-collimator.html

I am planning to use it to help collimate my Celestron C14 XLT

I am hoping someone here has one or been using one as i just have the one question really

The instructions on their site tell you to move the collimator towards and away from you OTA until you get the cross hairs at their smallest,  then you move the collimator away from the OTA to get the cross hairs sitting at about the 1.5 mark on the collimator.

But when you watch their youtube video on how to to it,  they do the opposite,  after getting the cross hairs at their smallest, they then move the collimator in towards the OTA to get the cross hairs to sit on the 1.5 mark

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out with the correct way.

I have sent Hotec a couple of emails now over the last two weeks and not a single reply,  so not the best from that company.