Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

23rd March Suns 393, 588, 486, 518 and 720Nir/Narrowband, Jet Transit Animation

• StarHugger changed the title to 23rd March Suns 393, 588, 486, 518 and 720Nir/Narrowband, Jet Transit Animation

Some nice imagery. :thumbsup:

I think your various images, across the spectrum, would benefit from text labeling.
This would provide far more information for later analysis and direct comparison.
Keeping the text off the disk itself is probably best. To avoid hiding anything interesting.
I tried hovering the cursor over your images but no further information was forthcoming.
Naming your images before saving them sometimes allows specific clues to be gained that way.
A record of UT may have great importance if you should capture something unique.
Always possible where the sun is concerned. Like your plane transit as a more informal example.
A time stamp of the transit would allow investigators to check the plane's position and condition if needed.
Plane spotters would love to have more information. Specific to their own interests in identification.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rusted said:

Some nice imagery. :thumbsup:

I think your various images, across the spectrum, would benefit from text labeling.
This would provide far more information for later analysis and direct comparison.
Keeping the text off the disk itself is probably best. To avoid hiding anything interesting.
I tried hovering the cursor over your images but no further information was forthcoming.
Naming your images before saving them sometimes allows specific clues to be gained that way.
A record of UT may have great importance if you should capture something unique.
Always possible where the sun is concerned. Like your plane transit as a more informal example.
A time stamp of the transit would allow investigators to check the plane's position and condition if needed.
Plane spotters would love to have more information. Specific to their own interests in identification.

Thank You!

I Agree, more information...

Mostly the result now of reducung image size and the posting across multiple platforms and the issues with stacking gradients and other issues of using colour cameras and filter designs for solar I wind up with the information lost in conversions that if not done the imagry would be good on some sites while wonky on others or just be too large in size all the images added together facing posting size limits.

I do retain all the original files and names, its just not being shared properly as you indicate for these reasons.

For instance the full high resolution animation for the jet transit I posted here is 23mb showing the whole event with the exhaust drifting and whirling off the left limb or 1046 frames, you only see 15 of those frames here or other places to stay below 5mb.

Publishing images can be a maze indeed.

Edited by StarHugger
  • Like 1