Powering the ASIair mini

Dumb newbie question so sorry ...I have the sky watcher power tank. It has two cig socket power outlets...12v 10amp. I have a 12v DC cable that will run from the socket into the DC input on the ASIair mini.

Can I safely use this cable and outlet to power the ASIair mini? I will only be plugging in a ZWO 120mm mini guide camera and a small dew heater band. Thanks for any help 

It should, but check the batteries output spec to the input spec of the air. Dew heaters are power hungry so the additional amps may help.

Personally I would power the asiair and camera with one 12v outlet and the dew band from the second. That way should there be any challenges with the dew heater it will not affect the asiair in any way. All the best.

It should be fine for what you are doing but how long it will deliver power will depend upon which version of the power tank you have. I was given a 7ah version a couple of years ago, this would power you for no more than a couple of hours. To work out how long your battery will last, divide your battery capacity in Ah by the total load in amps, assuming everything is at 12v. So if you have the 17ah battery and a 3 amp load ( 2 x dew heaters at 1 amp each plus air/ camera at 1 amp say) then theoretically it would last for 5.6hrs. But depending upon which battery technology it could be much less than this to prevent long term battery damage, lithium versions are much better in this respect compared to the sealed lead acid version. The rating on the cig outlet is just the safe maximum power draw (at any moment) not the capacity.