NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I have seen videos of the seestar being used in equatorial mode,my question is,do you think this will put too much strain on the motors and gearing.

I don't own a SeeStar but if I did I would keep its operation within its original design limitations. Did ZWO foresee what folks outside of the target market for this scope would be doing modification wise? I think not.  Therefore  the product was value engineered accordingly.

In the end the choice to extend its capabilities is down to the user. Any unit returned under warranty that has gear or support bearing failures will be questioned.

I have no doubt that the engineers in ZWO are taking note of what owners are doing with the SeeStar and we will see the results in the Mk2 version.

Gene Kranz

I don't  care about what anything was DESIGNED to do, I care about what it CAN do

Edited by Tomatobro
quote added
  • Like 3

Not sure why you would want to add it to an EQ mount , such short exposure time the mount will be fine as is - performs well as it’s intended imo 

Edited by Beardy30