Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need advice on my first Telescope

Here are the options i have in my country 

1.) Skywatcher 8" 200p classic DOB

2.) VisionKing D203 F800 EQ

3.) VisionKing D150 F750 EQ

4.) VisionKing D150 F1400 EQ

5.) VisionKing D130 F2000 GOTO

I am a complete newbie. I am mostly interested in observing but i dnt mind astrophotography through my phone only. So for observations what are the recommendations from the above list i am too much confused, even if ypu guys want to suggest something other than the list i will be really grateful. I know visionking is less discussed brand but i have these options only. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum 🙂

Of those that you list, I would only recommend the Skywatcher 200P Classic. It is tried and tested and there are many happy owners of it on this forum. The Visionking branded scopes do not look impressive to me. The scopes numbered 4. and 5 on your list would appear to be of the bird-jones reflector type which are generally best avoided.

I have owned 2 Skywatcher 200P dobsonians, one quite recently, and they were both very good scopes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Hello and welcome to the forum 🙂

Of those that you list, I would only recommend the Skywatcher 200P Classic. It is tried and tested and there are many happy owners of it on this forum. The Visionking branded scopes do not look impressive to me. The scopes numbered 4. and 5 on your list would appear to be of the bird-jones reflector type which are generally best avoided.

I have owned 2 Skywatcher 200P dobsonians, one quite recently, and they were both very good scopes.

Thanks for your kind suggestion. 

• Like 1