NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Has anyone ever fitted this to the AZI GTI mount - the know its over payload but for visual only could it work ? Possibly with a RDF instead of the finder scope to reduce weight ? 

Not to this mount, but I’ve found that mine is horrible to use if under mounted. Vibrations take while to damp down, and at high magnification, the scope becomes difficult to focus due to the vibrations. Also, if the scope’s saddle is off centre, it can feel really precarious due to all the weight being on one side. If you try it, add some weights to your tripod.

• Like 1

I owned a 150 and found that an EQ5 is the minimum I would use although the HEQ5 would be better. On the EQ5 pro I added an electric focuser to eliminate focusing vibration.

42 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I owned a 150 and found that an EQ5 is the minimum I would use although the HEQ5 would be better. On the EQ5 pro I added an electric focuser to eliminate focusing vibration.

Just now, Beardy30 said:

just out of interest im assuming the celestron 27 eq astromaster Mak is the same as the SW 127 but a good lot cheaper?  it would therefore be more economical to buy this version and ditch the mount and add the OTA to an existing axi gti mount

I had a look at the 127 Mak that is bundled with the Astromaster EQ mount and I am unsure how it differs from the standard Celestron and SW models. I did notice that it states fully coated and not multi coated optics and the bundled extras like diagonal etc are poorer quality. Personally I would message Celestron and ask them what the differences are between this OTA and the 127 SLT. Perhaps someone who owns the Astromaster 127 Mak can shed some light on this question.

• Like 1

Having read the spec and looked into the various coating grades I feel bosun is right and that the celestron has low grade coatings than the skymax