Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2237

NGC2244.thumb.jpeg.5adda70fdef8568648951e2e8d9aed58.jpegSo I want to try and shoot some larger objects and right now I the only scope I have is the 10” LX200 and even with the .63 reducer its FOV is still not wide enough for the objects i want to shoot.

I have a few lenses for my DSLR that will give me a much wider FOV then the SCT so I got the adapters I needed to attach the AI294MC to the lenses (Canon Lenses).

I needed a guide scope since I’ve been using an OAG on the LX200 so I picked up an SVBONY SV-165 30mm f/4 120mm FL guide scope attached it to the lens and the whole thing is piggybacked on the LX200 which is riding on the CQ350. 

Using a Canon 400mm Prime I was able to get the Rosette in frame. 

ASI294MC Pro
ASI174MM Mini (guide camera)
Cannon 400mm prime 
CQ350 Pro mount

Did not have time to get much data. I started too late and it dipped behind my neighbor’s house but Thursday night is supposed to be clear so maybe I can get more time with it. Unfortunately it’s late in the season for me for this object but I’ll get what I can. 

Shot under a full Moon. No filters. 

2 x 180
60 x 120

• Like 6