SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Python tool to process stacked Smart Telescope files using Siril

There was  a site called Astrocooker that many S50 & Dwarf users used to process their pre-stacked images. That site has been taken down due to the misuse of commercial Astro software, leaving a gap for the novice imagers. 

I use Siril and PixInsight, and have the plugins from RC Astro, so as a coding exercise I decided to see if a replacement using PySiril would do something similar to Astrocooker using just Siril.

If any coders here would like to have a look and improve/correct my attempt I'm attaching the python code and the text config file.  I'm a self taught coder and code for fun and won't be trying to sell any of my code, happy for it to be used as freeware.

It's not for anyone just expecting to run the code straight off as it involves installing PySiril from Github  - see https://siril.org/tutorials/pysiril/ and a few other imports not in a Python setup. 

Python Tool for Siril

It will let you open a linear fits/tiff file and to select the processes to run. You can select all or clear all - or just the ones you want.  As it's a work in progress I have not put all the settings in the config file yet, will do that once I'm happy the commands/settings used are good enough. 

Menu options let you view the opened fits header and open the result.png image once processed.

Probably a few bugs to iron out and the params for each Siril command to clarify.

astrosimple.iniAstroSimple.py

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iantaylor2uk said:

You could try using GraXpert, it should be able to take raw files from the Seestar and it's pretty easy to use. 

I have Graxpert installed in PixInsight and Siril has a cut-down version it uses. The whole point of the above is for a tool for someone to do a quick process - and possibly then to go on to better direct processing using Siril, Pixinsight etc.

My processing is normally stacking in Siril and final processing in PixInsight.

57 minutes ago, iantaylor2uk said:

There is a standalone version of the tool for windows that can be run outside of Pixinsight or Siril which is very easy to use on raw fits or tiff files.

I presume you mean Sirilic for Siril - not so user friendly and needs scripts for processing otheer than stacking as I understand.

For Pixinsight there may be a tool (I've not seen one) but that would need a PI license and defeats having  a no cost option for beginners.