Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ECOFlow River 2

As I cast around for a 12 volt PSU I wonder if any members are using the item above (or other models from that supplier) as until today I’ve never heard of them. Jackery and Bluetti  seem to be regularly recommended but not the ECOFlow. Any comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well I've got the Ecoflow River 2 and it charges so quickly, has loads of outputs and obviously a huge capacity. It's the quick charging which really impresses me, and after two years and lots of very cold nights, I've not noticed any degradation at all. 

• Like 1

I have the old version the River 2 replaced: The river 300.

The River 300 has some longevity issues, which ive barely started noticing now 3 years in so not a deal breaker - but apparently the new one has different battery chemistry, and different "native" voltage ( River 300 is 28v, River 2 is i think 12.6v). So cant say what the new one is like, but can say that my River 300 has exceeded expectations, so i have confidence in Ecoflow as a brand.

Again, thanks for the comments. We have just had a lengthy power cut in the area and although National Power Grid went out of their way to provide boiling water for hot drinks and a standby battery for the phone it would have been nice to have had a backup power source. So I was hoping to convince the wife that it would be money well spent. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1