Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone able to use Sky Safari to control Synscan on Android?

As above. I bought Sky Safari to control Synscan as the Skywatcher software is clunky for finding objects. I really struggled at first to get the two apps to "tall" but finally managed it usomg port 11882 and IP 168.192.2.4, as advised on other fora.

Since last week they aren't talking again, I've seen at least one Cloudy Nights thread on this so can't just be me.

Process and equipment - Android 12 Galaxy phone, Sky Safari 7 plus, Synscan Pro and Skywatcher Discovery reflector.

Turn on scope wifi, open Synscan, connect, align.

Open Sky Safari and try to connect, error message "can't make a wireless connection to the scope". We'll, throughout that Synscan Pro remains connected, and I have enabled both apps to always be on in the background to avoid battery saving issues.

Why won't Sky Safari connect any more? May as well not have bothered buying it if it won't do what I need, but is this a Synscan issue, SS7 or an A droid issue? Bit of a pain to find your apps are playing up at the start of an observational session.