Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Audiostar Controller seems kaput

I, recently, received a MI StarNavigator 102mm (#20099) telescope Audiostar...the scope had been sitting for a while and the battery pack was missing, the 9v connector was corroded...I ordered a new battery pack and 9v connector...I used brand new alkiline batteries and 2032 button batteries as needed...

The Audiostar is the problem...lights come on, but there is not display and none of the buttons seem to work...manually, the scope works beautifully but I'd like to see how the Audiostar controller works...

Any suggestions?

Hi Dave

Have you applied all the suggestions in your other posts ?

Re the Audiostar, "the lights come on".

Do you mean the power light on the mount comes on ?

Or the buttons illuminate, but no display ?

You should view the Meade section of the US "Cloudy Nights" forum, where the Meade world experts lurk.

Eg:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/765814-my-autostar-497-hand-controller-has-blankgarbled-characters-display-but-other-functions-are-working-fine/#entry13176256

Michael

The front "Reading" light comes on and a faint glow on information panel..none of the buttons light up..buttons don't work...I've replaced battery unit, putting 8 brand new alkaline, and brand new 2032 button battery..I even replaced thr 9v battery clip

When I opened the controller device, I noticed a capacitor had a hard white substance on one end...I've seen leaking caps before but didn't seem normal...I can get a controller and cable for less than 25.00...it might be worthwhile buying jt...