Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Rig update

Apologies for the rain and cloud folks, hopefully it will pass soon.

I have recently acquired a ZWO AM5 mount to replace my workhorse NEQ6 Pro which done a sterling job for many years (I might still use it in a second setup at some point!). 

I attached the ZWO pier to my EQ6 legs as although the carbon fibre tripod from ZWO is great, it is very light and we get some very windy days here. I also added my pole master to the RA axis on the AM5.

Rig now consists of:

William Optics 50mm guidescope with ZWO helical focuser and ZWO ASI220MM guide Cam

William Optics GT81 IV Scope

ZWO ASI2600MM camera, EFW and EAF with Antlia 2.8nm Filters for Narrowband and LRGB Pro Astronomy.

Protected under a Telegizmo 365 cover.

If only we now had some clear nights!!!!

IMG_9090.thumb.jpeg.2e8a5289a76f83f7f28c26bd7d0363d7.jpeg

IMG_9091.thumb.jpeg.e6dcf31830317dd7604a199405c26514.jpeg

IMG_9092.thumb.jpeg.96830c1e0d602e7c62fb0b7894ccbd60.jpeg

IMG_9093.thumb.jpeg.5ca064b0c26a1644f9c52ddfbb505e39.jpeg

• Like 5

Ah so you are to blame for the weather, Feb has been poor so far across in Fife. :) That AM5 makes for a good looking setup. Are you using the PoleMaster rather than the ASiAir for polar aligning.  My PoleMaster hasn't been used for some time, I quite like the way the ASiAir does the polar align even though I don't use it that much now. 

Jim

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saac said:

Ah so you are to blame for the weather, Feb has been poor so far across in Fife. :) That AM5 makes for a good looking setup. Are you using the PoleMaster rather than the ASiAir for polar aligning.  My PoleMaster hasn't been used for some time, I quite like the way the ASiAir does the polar align even though I don't use it that much now. 

Jim

To be fair I use the ASIAIR polar alignment to check I'm close enough to guide. Once I get a pier installed I might take the time to spend on the pole master to get it locked in as close as I can.

• Like 1