Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 33? Nope!

I love this little galaxy, it looks so much like M33 with all the star formation regions. I don't have a big scope for a closer look and increased detail but I hoped that drizzle x2 will help me crop the image without loosing out too much.

Here's NGC2403 or Cadwell 7, a galaxy in Camelopardalis that I've been wanting to image for a long time.

I was very lucky to have a week of good weather in January and this allowed me to gather 26 hours and 40 minutes of data.

I was hoping for a little more Oiii for the star formation regions but it looks like the little amount that I shot was enough to give me a little bit of blue.

Mount: StellarDrive GT6

AstroTech 106LE with upgraded Moonlite focuser

TSFlat 2" field flattener

ASI294MM Pro Cmos camera, cooled at - 15°C

8x1.25" ZWO USB filterwheel

Chroma 1.25"Lo-Glow, RGB and Chroma 1.25" 3nm HO filters

Qhyccd QHY5L-IIM guide camera

OpticStar AR90 as guidescope

Chroma Blue 1.25": 60×180″(3h) bin 2×2

Chroma Green 1.25": 60×180″(3h) bin 2×2

Chroma H-alpha 3nm Bandpass 1.25": 45×600″(7h 30′) bin 1×1

Chroma LoGlow Light Pollution 1.25": 100×300″(8h 20′) bin 1×1

Chroma OIII 3nm Bandpass 1.25": 11×600″(1h 50′) bin 1×1

Chroma Red 1.25": 60×180″(3h) bin 2×2

I hope you like it!

Emil

NGC2403_HaOiiLRGB-copy1.jpg.thumb.jpg.ba5db6099d82614c8ddf2ef4db208879.jpg

• Like 15

Very nice, especially with the addition of Oiii. In my own experience, I find that galaxy images gain a lot when narrow band is added. Unfortunately, I don't have room for an additional filter in my filter wheel.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Very nice, especially with the addition of Oiii. In my own experience, I find that galaxy images gain a lot when narrow band is added. Unfortunately, I don't have room for an additional filter in my filter wheel.

Thank you! I am actually thinking of doing the Triangulum in full narrowband at some point. Hoping to put my Orion Optics CT8 and the ASI294MM into play soon because with this combination, M33 is filling up the whole image and the nebulae inside it should come out really nice.

Emil

• Like 1