Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moisture on computer equipment solved. I'm pretty brilliant! (if I do say so myself)

I finished my obsy mid last summer. A lot of people here gave good guidance as to how big (or small) moisture in the obsy would be a problem. Computer wise.

I considered a lot of options, ranging from installing heat in the whole observatory to doing nothing at all. But I think I've found a good (cheap) middle ground solution.

It is basically what I can best describe as a piano lid, with a terrarium heat plate on the inside. The heater is 10W and runs 24/7. I could put a timer on it, but I've calculated the yearly cost to be around €35. So it runs around the clock.

The 'lid' also serves as an excellent dew shield, protecting the computer and screen, during 'operations'. Once my session is done, I simply turn of the computer, close the lid, and it's nice and warm in it's own little apartment in the observatory. I planned to coat the inside with insulation material, but haven't quite gotten around to doing it yet. It's been operating over the fall and now winter, with no issues. So I might not do it at all.

Here are some pictures. You might note that my desk is rather slim. This is to ensure moving space around the telescope which is on the left (you can't see the mount on the pictures).

Lid closed:

image.thumb.jpeg.e85817bc0536e2b528011e67163e2d26.jpeg

Heating plate for terrarium (230v/10W):

image.thumb.jpeg.24860b40ef2180ef688a6c3cba956695.jpeg

Lid open. Perfect dew shield:

image.thumb.jpeg.f7716490ef1aee3268785b019f1eef23.jpeg

• Like 5