NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dreyer's & Spaghetti

It's been a long while since it was worth lugging the rigs out to catch some data.  Here in the South West the skies have just been miserable for what seems like a year!  Also work has been been particularly crazy so sleep has been a valuable commodity.  Therefore, astrophotography was firmly put on the back seat, with a greater focus on daytime photography.  With two clear nights forecast in a row earlier in January I thought it would be great to get the rigs running again, and finally get the chance to use my newly... (February 2023) acquired SW Esprit 120.  Was a challenge to remember all the processing tricks too, only enough room in the noggin for so much stuff so had to reacquaint myself with software and techniques so these may be a bit on the rusty side!

So firstly we have IC2169 - Dreyer's Nebula

IC2169_Low.thumb.jpg.35c5d5825d4a5ca8b335e82633bd7f46.jpg

Taken with the Esprit 120 and ASI1600GT on my Eq6-R mount.  A total of 5hrs integration in LRGB.  Processed in Siril, GIMP and TopazAI.

Next the SH2-240 the Spaghetti Nebula

Spaghetti_Sh2-240_Low.thumb.JPG.f5d7c3856109b3314756c66e880d0165.JPG

Taken with my RedCat51 and the 2600MC-Pro with the L-eXtreme filter. A total of 10hrs 15mins of data again processed in Siril, Gimp and TopazAI.

Comments and critique are welcome.

• Like 7