Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best two nights in a row for different targets…..

Scope = 8inch Celestron Starsense Dobsonian 

Eyepieces: TV 24mm Panoptic, TV Delos 10mm, TV Delos 4.5

Also….. My daughter tried out her newly acquired BST starguiders 25mm & 8mm. I have to say they were much better than i imagined for the price. 

Tuesday night = Jupiter with the 4.5mm Delos, an eerie night where the cloud bands actually had detail and looked like clouds rather than just bands of differing colour. Uranus also resolved into a beautiful blue disk with none of the usual shimmer/distortion.

Wednesday night (tonight) = Jupiter slightly less good , but the Orion Nebula almost looked like a picture taken by an astrophotographer…..I don’t quite understand why the detail and view of this was so good compared to the planets 🤷‍♂️ 

A great couple of nights (looked at lots of other targets, I let my daughter go through the tonight’s targets list on the starsense app).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Neutrinosoup said:

.....the Orion Nebula almost looked like a picture taken by an astrophotographer…..I don’t quite understand why the detail and view of this was so good compared to the planets 🤷‍♂️ 

Probably a case of the sky transparency being good but the seeing mediocre.

Some nights it's the other way around.

Very occasionally, both are really great 🙂

• Like 1