Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alternative Evolution 9.25” Tripod?

Has anyone ever found an alternative tripod/pillar mount for the Evolution 9.25 heavy duty tripod that can hold the Evolution motor head and OTA? The motor head has three threaded holes at 120 deg around the edge, and a central hole for a locating pin on the tripod base. The tripod base has three captured screws that screw into the motor base, and a central locating pin. The nearest I’ve found is a Baader adapter plate that fits on a Baader metal t-pod tripod. The reason I ask is that my existing tripod base is getting heavy for me, and I’m looking to see if there are any lighter options that can handle the 9.25. 

The tripod used with the C8 SE has a similar top - I have both and I did compare them a while ago. Same spacing for the 3x holding screws but the center pins are not identical.  To be frank though I think this is a bad idea - the C9.25 Evolution will really need the heavy duty tripod.  If you put it on a lighter tripod I expect it will be waving in the breeze.

If you have suitable access, putting the whole assembly on wheels might be a better option.