Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sky X Pro's "Live Stack" Feature May Be the Simplest EEVA SW Yet It Works Great

curtisca17

I have always been a big fan of Robin's Sharpcap and that is the live stacking SW that I always recommend.  However, since I have The Sky X Pro (TSX) which I use all the time to control my mount, etc., I recently decided to see how their live stacking SW feature works.  This feature can be found in the Camera control tab and is called, what else, "Live Stack".   I must say, it is the simplest of all of the live stacking SWs that I have used (Sharpcap, ASILIVE, Starlight Live, etc.).  Just set the exposure and Bayer Matrix and hit start and you are off.  Adjust the slider for stretching and you are looking at some great DSO images with a minimum of effort.   Some beginners have trouble with the steep learning curve of Sharpcap and can be turned away from EEVA because of it.  ASILIVE and the others are much simpler but still require more intervention than TSX's "Live Stack".  Now I don't recommend that anyone pay $395 (US) just to use TSX for EEVA, but if you already have the TSX or want it for its primary features (equipment control, planetarium) and want to try your hand at EEVA, give their "Live Stack" feature a try.  In time you may want to move on to Sharpcap or something else, but at least you won't be frustrated from the outset and can get going in under 5 minutes.

To show how simple "Live Stack" is I made a demonstration video which can be found here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSTEZx7txY   Even if you don't have TSX you might want to take a look.

Best Regards,

Curtis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1