NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Anxiety

Vallantho

3 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

You are certainly not on your own here, i was exactly the same, to the point where I went year in and year out, for around 5 years, with about 4 sessions under my belt, BUT the turning point for me, as has been said already was building a permanent home for my rig, so I just have to nip out and open the roof, takes 45 seconds, and that it…

TBH without my little mini obsy, I would have given the hobby up.

Even now if I have to re do my PA or change something that can only be done at night outside in the cold, it take me a while to bother to do it, but ATM all is good and set up ready to go at a moments notice.

I have a second scope, an 8” SCT, and it sits in the garage store cupboard year after year, because the thought of swapping all my kit over and then re rigging all the neat wiring, just cause me so much anxiety, I don’t use it, even when galaxy season comes round, I carry on with my frac rig. It’s just easier….☹️

When it comes to photography I’m a big fan of the one camera one lens approach. I got an 8x10 which I exclusively use a 300mm lens with, a 4x5 which I only use with a 210mm lens and medium format I stick to 50mm. I only go out with one camera at a time. Not having choices can be liberating and another way to remove stress.

• Like 1