Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lacerta 10:1 focuser upgrade.

20240116_103048.thumb.jpg.0ceb72dd997b8b1ee2908e398195f853.jpgI put one of these on a Skywatcher 200p many years ago I have a Celestron 10" Starsense now and would like to know if this would fit, from looking at the focuser it does look like a Crayford focuser just want to make sure before I get one.

20240116_103038.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

The dual speed focuser upgrades have no bearing on whether the focuser is a R&P or a crayford. It's simply a reduction gear to rotate less for each revolution of the fine focus knob. You should ensure that the spindle is the correct size for the dual speed upgrade.

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

The dual speed focuser upgrades have no bearing on whether the focuser is a R&P or a crayford. It's simply a reduction gear to rotate less for each revolution of the fine focus knob. You should ensure that the spindle is the correct size for the dual speed upgrade.

Cheers for that appreciate your help I would never of thought about spindle size. 

• Like 1

It may be tricky trying to find one in stock in UK, 365astronomy are out and told me it maybe a few months before available. And I haven't found anywhere else that may have one. But you may have better luck finding one.

• Like 1