Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Focus Motor for StellaLyra 8" f/5 M-LRN Newtonian Reflector?

Im trying to find a focus motor for the above but google is letting me down.  Plenty for other 8" newts but i dont know if they would fit the StellaLyra.   Has anyone any suggestions?

thanks.

I think StellaLyra newts are just re badged GSO scopes so you might have more luck searching for that (or for one of the other brands that rebadge GSO scopes or explicitly search for the focuser). 

The picture of the focuser looks plausibly like a ZWO EAF would fit, and if not I bet there's a 3d printed bracket someone's designed that will make it fit.

• 3 months later...

Late answer, but may be useful for anyone else looking for a motorised focuser for this.

I had the same problem, however the StellaLyra uses a Crayford and Rack-and-Pinion focuser, and searching for that brought me to this.

Manual for Ioptron 8453 Crayford focuser

The manual shows how it connects. You just take off one of the focusing knobs using the supplied allen key and connect their motorised focuser to it. Everything fits nicely,

Note I only have the 6" f5 StellaLyra, but the screws to attach the focuser all fit the screw holes etc.  The focuser integrates nicely in Nina, 

Just need to make sure the lock thumbwheel on the back of the focuser is loose, and the thumb wheel on the front that engages the rack and pinion is tight.