Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EvoGuide with filters?

Hi all. Well after doing a bit of research it would seem that I can’t use my 26c TEC camera with a filter when using the SW FF due to the back focus being 17.5mm. Is there any kind of work around so I can attach my narrowband filters? Was thinking about securing it on the front of the Evoguide somehow but that might cause serious vignetting unless I use Region of Interest but then that would negate the wide field I’m looking for. Can a filter go just in front of the FF?  It’s very annoying! Any suggestions would be welcomed. 

Oh! I did see the Starizona FF mentioned in other posts but didn’t know the back focus distance was 55mm. So that seems to be the way to go. Thank you. 

Any idea if the quality is as good or better than the SW version? I just don’t want to crop the image really as the whole point is to have the wide field at relatively low cost. If you get where I’m coming from.   

Edited by JonHigh

Thanks guys. On your recommendation I decided to go for it and bought a Starizona Evo-FF from 365 Astronomy at a very good price. It arrived today so looking forward to clear skies to try it out. 👍🏻

Edited by JonHigh
  • Like 1