Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6823 area in Vulpecula

drjolo

The bright star in the bottom left is 12 Vul, and the nebulosity that surrounds the NGC6823 open cluster is Sh2-86.

If you look at the enlarged crop, there are some more fuzzies to identify. There is a small comet-like nebula on the bottom right from the NGC6823, planetary nebula Kronberger 9 in the bottom part of the enlarged image, and tiny planetary nebula PN G059.7-01.0 in the left part of the frame, more or less in the middle of the height. Dark nebulae visible in the right part of the image are not present either in the Barnard catalog or in LDN, but they are enumerated in the Dobashi catalog.

I captured subframes for this image in the summer of 2023 during several nights under different conditions. The telescope used was Tecnosky Owl 90/540 with FF/FR with a QHY268M camera on the EQ6 mount. HSO and RGB filters were old CCD ones from Baader: 400:300:400 minutes with HSO filters, and 3x40 minutes of RGB for stars. The palette I wanted to achieve was gold-turquoise, but well, the outcome is not quite there :)  But it is somehow consistent with my previous HSO image from this year https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/414746-cygnus-heart-narrowband-mosaic/

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5