Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light zwo 294mc Pro The Heart Nebula

Neo_uk

Thought i would share my first light image of the Heart Nebula with the 294mc pro and l xtreme filter ,

equipment

sky-watcher star adventurer GTI

Williams optics Redcat 51 mk2

zwo 294mc pro

2" L xtreme

10 and a half hours of data collected over three nights processed in Pixinsight ... Had a few s at processing that went horribly wrong so ended up following a foraxx video from paulyman astro on youtube (still learning pixinsight).

now i'm quite happy with the results 

Heartnebula.thumb.jpg.46bc7330ace8e6173377a12c3d8f0be5.jpg

• Like 12

That looks lovely to me. I keep wandering about Pixinsight and avoid it only due to the steep learning curve and when I have looked it hasn't seemed very intuitive, but you are making me think again.

Ian 

Hi budgie ,

I used a gain of 120 not sure of the offset as this I belive is set by the asi air .

I didn't have a problem with any gradient... I was told to make sure the flats with the 294 are about 4 second exposures (4.2 in this image and matching dark flats) giving a adu of around 23k to 25k...

I stacked them in pixinsight wbpp

I hope this helps .

Thanks for the info.

I was just curious as I also have the ASI294MC Pro and use it with the L-eNahnce filter on the ASIAir Mini at the moment.

I've had gradient issues in the past using 120 gain and 30 offset, even making the Flats longer. So I now use gain 200 and offset 30 and have no issues at all, and that was using 2 second flats and ADU of around 25k. It;s interesting how the same sensor/camera can act differently. :D 

Have fun with the 294MC, it's a good camera. :thumbsup: