Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion - a Two Scope Wide-field

mightymonoped

I'll be looking to do the RGB capture properly with the Samyang 135mm as soon as I get a relatively moonless night clear (chance would be a fine thing).

In the meantime, I thought I would hack together a combination of the two-hour Redcat RGB capture with the two-hour's worth of narrowband I captured lat night with the Samyang 135mm f2 (at f2.8).

Had to throw everything but the kitchen sink at this to deal with the 'mosaic' edges and resultant difference in gradients etc but merging the RGB and NB captures in Astro Pixel Processor as a 'mosaic' seemed to give something usable which after rotating and cropping could be subject to GraXpert and then combined 50/50 with the NB only image I had already processed. I registered both against each other and combined in Photoshop before doing final bit of fiddling. 

This is a 50% reduction as the actual image is a bit of a whopper.

Tony

m42-combo-50.png

• Like 3