Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Photo of the Moon

drdre2030

Obviously not the first shot of the moon, nor my first shot of the moon, but it was the first shot of the moon through my daughters Celestron Zhumell Z100. Just phone held by hand to the lens, so thought it came out pretty good. 

My daughters first time looking at the moon too, she was blown away...even the wife had a look and said it was amazing (no interest in the stars).

So, now clearly need to get a proper way to mount the DSLR to it and get some clearer/better shots.

PXL_20231125_1717026492(2).thumb.jpg.38147808a04758dd800062582125b1a8.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, drdre2030 said:

So, now clearly need to get a proper way to mount the DSLR to it and get some clearer/better shots.

Ha! Welcome to the slippery slope... 🤣

That's a very nice Moon shot by the way. I've only ever had junk from holding my phone camera to the eyepiece.

There are bespoke phone carriers for exactly that purpose. There are cheaper options available but this one looks "nice":

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/celestron-nexyz-3-axis-universal-smartphone-adapter.html

8 hours ago, Paul M said:

That's a very nice Moon shot by the way. I've only ever had junk from holding my phone camera to the eyepiece.

There are bespoke phone carriers for exactly that purpose. There are cheaper options available but this one looks "nice":

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/celestron-nexyz-3-axis-universal-smartphone-adapter.html

Is there anything to hold a tab? We have a SW Starquest 130p and a 10" tab. 

Can I make something by my own to hold it? Will the tab be more heavier!? 🤔

Hoping for a response!

Nikolai.

2 hours ago, Nikolai De Silva said:

Nice picture!!

I also got like that by holding the phone to the eyepiece.

Great!

Yeah surprised how well it came out.

10 hours ago, Paul M said:

Thanks, it didn't take much to get it. Think just steadying it as much as possible and focusing helped.

Nice phone carrier...but almost same price as the telescope! My plan is to get a barlow lens with a thread to attach a DSLR so should be better photos that way, I hope!

• Like 1