NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC1552, Hinds variable nebula.

ollypenrice

As usual, Paul Kummer drove the scope (based here) from the UK, did the pre-processing, and the post-processing is mine. RASA8/EQ6/ASI2600MC Pro.

The nebula is just the bright spot below the centre but the dusty nebulosity is rather shapely as well.

spacer.png

This is a considerable crop with full resolution (of this field) here: https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/DUSTY-DARK-AND-MILKY-WAY-TARGETS/i-6k82XXG/A

• Like 18

Really nice and dusty with an eye-catching nebula as an extra bonus. You say considerable crop, so I guess you wanted to focus our attention on Hind's nebula. However. it makes me curious about what else can be seen in the full-field image, especially since there is a lot of nice dust in this area.

1 hour ago, old_eyes said:

Oooh! Lovely, lovely dust! And even better in the full frame version. How long was the integration time?

93x3 minutes this time. Paul does this bit so I always have to look it up.

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Really nice and dusty with an eye-catching nebula as an extra bonus. You say considerable crop, so I guess you wanted to focus our attention on Hind's nebula. However. it makes me curious about what else can be seen in the full-field image, especially since there is a lot of nice dust in this area.

Your wish is my command!  Some of the cosmetic processing was done after the crop so I've made no real effort with the bright stars. I think the crop has the best of it.

FulmlfieldforGorann.thumb.jpg.449f205d701ae945d39fcec175cdf032.jpg

Olly

• Thanks 1