Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC-405

Rodd

Attempting a broadband image of this target.  As usual, I am feelinmg underwhelmed with the data.  I had a darker than usual couple of nights.  Seeing was acceptable, but the data is klacking.  I was frorced to add a bit of Ha I captured using the FSQ last year--only about 15% in the red channel. This was necessary to correct the color palette, which was too maroon at left and cloudy greenish at center.  I am not sure if I should try luminance, or keep going with RGB.  The thing is, to be this close in on a target tghe resolution has to be very sharp, so seeing has to be good.  While the TOA that shoots with a resolution of .79" is better than the C11Edge that shoots at .4" (with reducer), it is still to much resolution for my seeing-hence the 2x2 binning, which brings tghe resolution to 1.58".  This image looks a bit soft to me.  Maybe the FSQ is really the better option for me.  Using a 2600 level sensor would provide a somewhat larger FOV-but even higher resolution (pixels are 3.76nm and mine are 3.8 nm).  Still unsure as to which scope is best for me.

I collected 15 min of 10 sec subs to recover clipped star cores.  I did not collect blue 10 sec subs, so the stars are not what I had hoped.  Come to think of it, maybe 15 min is not enough to recover star cores--I did capture 15 min of 10" subs for all channels for my Running Man image and the stars are still not colored nicely.

TOA 130 with .99x flattener and ASI 1600. Red: 131 120" and 90 10"; Green 106 120" and 90 10"; Blue 45 120" (no 10" yet). Bin 2x2

RGB5b-bin2f.thumb.jpg.c59238c8f11aa08f5751f5645371fbe8.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 5