NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Snapseed banding on images

scotty1

I've always used Snapseed to edit RAW photos on my pixel 4a. And Polish editor for jpg. Recently I've noticed annoying banding across the photo when trying to edit them with Snapseed. As soon as I open the photo in Snapseed the banding appears , ,haven't noticed this before to this extent, anyone else have this issue? 

It seems to be when changing the exposure or brightness that makes the problem worse. 

PXL_20231115_032613978.NIGHT_edited.thumb.jpeg.3d21f9b05863c6306c191a17c4e36b46.jpeg

Edited by scotty1

This is strange as I edited some astrophotos taken by my 4a earlier in the year. The banding doesn't show up nearby as bad as the image above. I've tried cleaning the lens, doesn't seem to help. I know the pixel 4a is no longer receiving updates, not sure if that could be an AI problem with the camera. 

Could be from the light source in the centre of the image.

As it's taking a number of (is it 15s per image) and then stacking around 4 minutes any changes in intensity of light will accumulate and stack in the final image, it's also not applying any calibration images which you'd normally do when imaging with AP gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2023 at 23:59, Elp said:

Could be from the light source in the centre of the image.

As it's taking a number of (is it 15s per image) and then stacking around 4 minutes any changes in intensity of light will accumulate and stack in the final image, it's also not applying any calibration images which you'd normally do when imaging with AP gear.

Yes it's 15s exps , about 4 minutes in total. It's quite strange as it only becomes really obvious when trying to edit the photo. 

As I apply a curve, add contrast, brightness the banding effect becomes obvious. Like a zebra dark/light pattern. I tried the mobile lightroom app ,and it was there but less obvious. I also tried editing some older RAW photos taken earlier in the year, and with the same phone. The older photos didn't have the banding pattern, when I used Snapseed to edit them. I know the pixel 4a is not recieving any more updates since October. It shouldn't affect the camera though. 

Edited by scotty1