NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7822 Widefield

Clarkey

Carrying on with my PI learning journey, here is my latest image. I am starting to get the hang of the software now, so hopefully the results will start to improve!

This is 12.5 hours of HO with the L-Extreme and 6 hours of RGB. Other than the stars, the RGB made very little difference as it was swamped by the Ha signal. Imaged using a Risingcam IMX571 and the FMA180. The FMA180 seems to get some bad press, but I must confess I quite like the images it has produced. Yes, there is a small amount of CA but this is easily removed in processing.

Constructive comment welcome as always.

NGC 7822 Final (vert).jpeg

• Like 21

Not sure I have read any bad press. I got V1 when it was £350 and have considered it one of my best buys at that price, but then I have realistic expectations. I also shot this subject recently with my FMA180 and ASI1600mm pro, it frames it perfectly.

Adam

7 hours ago, Adam J said:

I got V1 when it was £350

Yes, mine is one of the early V1's. I have seen some complaints regarding the CA - it is there certainly, but manageable. As you say - realistic expectations, especially at fast focal ratios.