NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wiebelkruk

Ags

Wiebelkruk is a fun dutch word meaning "wobble stool". I bought one for my home office ond have found it has astronomical applications.

image.png.e1b6f76f6164900df5687d4f877db791.png

https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/zola-wiebelkruk-zwart-hoogte-54-80cm-balanskruk-zit-sta-kruk-ergonomische-bureaustoel-zadelkruk/9300000095219838/?s2a=

The height adjustment is perfect for seated observing and although the seat is by design not stable it steadies me perfectly well for observing. The wobbling is even useful as i can wiebel a little forward or back to get the ideal eyepiece angle. It's also very easy to carry around, compared to some other seating contraptions I've tried. It's also silent - no scraping of metal or wood legs on the paving slabs at 2am. And cheap!

• Like 5

I remember those toys, but not their name!

Tonight I was observing the half moon very low down (must remember that, in Autumn the first half moon is low, and likewise will be high in Spring). The wiebelkruk had to go to a nearly standing position to get a good eyepiece position. It can go higher too, in case I want to observe a moonrise on the coast.

• Like 1