Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galaxies in Pegasus

wimvb

This is a not so often imaged area of the autumn sky. The constellation Pegasus contains a large amount of small galaxies, which by themselves aren't much to look at. But in a widefield image (if an image at 1,000 mm focal lengthcan be called that) the wide variety in galaxy shapes, sizes and distances becomes quite impressive.

ngc7578_sLRGB.thumb.jpg.b2ca51f8b9e54d4b83a075becf49621c.jpg

Annotated version:

ngc7578_sLRGB_annotated.thumb.jpg.4c721622408de446abacce73556ee2e7.jpg

Image details:

7.5 hours of RGB data (no luminance), captured with the SkyWatcher MN190 and ASI294MM camera during two nights in early October.

Relative humidity during both nights was 93% or higher, and the moon was more than 50%, so not the best of conditions.

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, DaveS said:

And you've also got HCG 93 down in the bottom left, my next target with the ODK 12 / SX 694 combination

yes. It will be interesting to see your result. Good luck.

Lovely image Wim, really like NGC7549 in there.

Pegasus seems to be a fairly barren constellation for imaging, so great to see something from there. The little sombrero recently came to my attention so I intend to image that one day. If the clouds ever go away. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WolfieGlos said:

Lovely image Wim, really like NGC7549 in there.

Thanks, Chris. It is one of kind. If it were any closer it would probably be a very popular target.

• Like 1