NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 342 The Hidden Galaxy

Gabrielwiklund

3 hours and 44 minutes on IC 342 The Hidden Galaxy from last night (224x60s).

ZWO ASI533MC Pro @ -10°C Gain 105 Offset 70
ZWO UV/IR CUT 1.25"
8" f/5 Sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS 
ES HR Coma Corrector
Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro
50/200mm Guidescope
ZWO ASI120MM Mini
ZWO EAF
Software: EQmod,Nina,PHD2,Siril
100 darks 40 flats 40 dark flats

Clear skies
Gabriel

IC342 3h44m.jpg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Gabrielwiklund said:

8" f/5 Sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS 
ES HR Coma Corrector
Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro
50/200mm Guidescope
ZWO ASI120MM Mini
ZWO EAF

Thats a great image. I didnt think the HEQ5 Pro could handle the 200PDS + the rest of kit. Its good to know that it can. How are you finding its ability to manage this load?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

Thats a great image. I didnt think the HEQ5 Pro could handle the 200PDS + the rest of kit. Its good to know that it can. How are you finding its ability to manage this load?

Thank you, much appreciated. I am very surprised.. despite increasing the payload this season by just over 1 kg it actually guides slightly better because i cleaned the RA and DEC clutch, it's mostly at 0.5-0.6 total RMS if the seeing is ok. I actually tried taking a 10 minute sub the other day just for fun and i still got round stars.

Sky-Watcher sells the 200PDS imaging Newtonian on the HEQ5 Pro so i guess it's supposed to handle it...my local dealer here in Sweden even recommends this setup for AP.

The reason most people don't believe this may be because it's more sensitive to wind and atmospheric turbulence than if you would have say a 72mm refractor on the HEQ5.

Good seeing for me is 3.5" arc seconds and below. I know 3.5" arc seconds is considered ok/bad by a lot of people around the world since i don't live in an area known for good seeing.

Edited by Gabrielwiklund