NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Landing on a Black Hole surface ?

While looking for articles on Black Hole volumes I found this interesting post from Roy Kerr (discoverer of Kerr  Black Hole metric), quite interesting for the science and the human factor, reputation and how untested assumption can become uncontested fact...(maybe?, personally I've seen a lot of that in my line of work 😉 )

'constructed the Kerr black hole metric, 1963. proved that the Penrose and Hawking singularity theorems are invalid, since their assumption that affine parameters cannot be bounded on a light ray is false.'

https://www.quora.com/What-would-a-black-hole-look-like-from-inside-the-event-horizon 

'If the body is stellar sized then it’s density will be roughly similar to that of a neutron star. If it is super duper sized then it is quite possible that the gravity will be earth like and so a ship could actually land on it. It could even take off again but will never be able to cross the inner horizon. incoming objects will be seen as they come in from the real world, no problem!'  

Also, surely all real Black Holes rotate so why do we talk about Schwarzschild BH's and their central singularity, shouldn't they all be Kerr BH's?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Roy Kerr who discovered the metric for real rotating black holes disagrees with Penrose/Hawking on the existence  of singularities in real black holes, 'a foundation built on sand'.

No quantum gravity required

• Like 1