Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr Nebulosity - Sharpstar 130 HNT

Roy Foreman

Imaged in the hazy aftermath of the Saharan dust storm, so a lot of post processing trickery was required to secure an acceptable image.

The Sharpstar 130 HNT F/2.8 is a cracking little scope that I am still getting to grips with in terms of back focus spacing etc.

Been meaning to image this area for ages, so this is my first attempt.  Think it needs an even wider field of view, so maybe a Samyang 135 next time !

Sharpstar 130 HNT F/2.8

ZWO ASI 6200 MC Pro Full Frame OSC

56 x 60 sec at gain 300

IDAS NB1 Tri Band Nebula filter

Stacked in DSS and Processed in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking.

2023-09-09 Sadr Neb nb1 60s.jpg

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, JonHigh said:

Very nice again! Just out of curiosity. Do you think it’s better to have short and many exposures or longer and fewer exposures? Which come out better for you? 

In terms of outright quality fewer longer exposures work better - just. However, , I use shorter exposures and more of them for two reasons- smaller and less bloated stars, and less chance of catching satelite trails. Sometimes as many as 25% of frames have them and they don't always dissapear completely during stacking.

Thanks for the reply. I must give it a go next time out. Unfortunately the weather doesn’t give you too many chances to experiment a lot. Hopefully that will change in the coming crisp months ahead. Yes. It’s actually quite worrying just how many are up there! 

• Like 1