NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SH2-157 and NGC 7380

Anubis1311

So I literally visit the buy/swap section of this web site every day. It occurred to me that I don’t really use any of the other aspects of the forum so I thought I’d share a couple of my images. 

The first - NGC 7380, was taken this week during the mini heatwave we’ve had here in the uk. It brought 3 clear nights which in itself is a rarity. This allowed me to capture data using a different filter each night. 

A118AF82-8374-4013-920D-DB7F50A0FA2D.thumb.jpeg.74b34a3d7b24e8bb3c01dffda2608aee.jpeg

The second is SH2-157. It is a rework of old data inspired by some of the techniques I used when processing the wizard nebula. I’m quite liking the more subtle palette and feel there may be a few more data reworks ahead of me 🤩 

Lobster-SHO_Hubble_3-Stcopy3.thumb.jpeg.1c49f7d4a95763c5370aebfdf85b1479.jpeg

• Like 20

21 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

This is very classy imaging indeed. Sharp, clean, balanced, free from exaggeration and with totally invisible processing.

Chapeau!

Olly

Thank you Olly, I have certainly come a long way with my processing. I’m still guilty of rushing my processing and posting it asap due to excitement, not sure that will ever change 😂. Same with my integration time although I am a little more strict on myself now. No more 1 hour of each filter and try and pull something out of the hat! 

• Like 1