Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Reviving my trusty old Neq6!

Gasman

I've had a break from astro for some 4yrs now and my old Neq6 mount and Esprit refractor have been under cover in my Observatory all this time. I'm wanting to start observing again and wondered if/how the mount would start up again. I bought a new power supply and Lynx eqmod cable (thanks Flo) downloaded all (so I thought) the latest Ascom stuff and with everything crossed plugged the eqmod cable in to laptop the file downloaded no probs  com port 3 great!. Plugged power cable into mount turned it on, red led lit up phew!. Plugged eqmod plug into mount and nothing....damn bet the mounts circuitry is kaput!!. Long story short turned out I didn't have the Neq6 driver. The Ascom stuff is not as easy as the last time I used it and couldn't find the driver on the Ascom site and so I came across Rob Morgan and his Green Swamp site, downloaded the GS server and voila my trusty little mount sprung into life Yessss!!. So it seems all's well at the moment. Looks like Ascom has changed quite a bit since I last used it ! Anyways happy restart to astro 👍.

Steve

• Thanks 1