Cannot connect my ASIAIR to my AM5 mount

psy1280

As anyone who has ever been involved in this hobby knows, to waste a rare, perfectly clear night with an inexplicable glitch is….well, let’s keep this clean and say, frustrating!!!

Two nights ago using my ASIAIR Pro and my AM5 mount I had absolutely no issues. Last night, however, I could not connect to my mount. The error message read:

Connect Failed

Please check the connection method, IP, port and protocol of your mount are correct

I’m lost! I use a direct Ethernet Cat6 connection; I use two power sources, one to my mount and the other to my 2600 MM pro camera; I reinstalled the firmware; updated the AM5 mount; disconnected all cables and re-connected one-by-one….NO luck

I think the only thing left would be to replace the cable (unless anyone has other ideas). Does anyone know what kind of cable is used by the AM5 to the ASIAIR? I’d like to purchase one).

Looking forward to any feedback on this

Thank you,

Joe

The product images state connect wired or wireless to it. I would have thought the wired connection is usb, as all my mounts (non zwo ones) connect to the airs via some sort of usb connection. Perhaps worth posting in the am5 thread.

Edited by Elp

If you are using an ethernet cable then you are connecting the Asiair to your 'home' network, but you have not said how you are connecting the AM5.

Is it via a USB cable between them?

Or are you connecting the AM5 to the same home network?

With wired/wireless connections your network address allocations can change the last part unless it's reserved for that connection.

Perhaps a safer solution is a direct ethernet to the Asiair and a USB between the AM5 & Asiair.