Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6960 with an Askar 6nm Ha/OIII filter

fwm891

My first real session with an Askar Ha / OIII 6nm filter I purchased recently. With the moon having recently gone 'super' it was only going to be a short session before it raised it's head above the horizon.

However. I shot 10x 300s subs through my Orion Optics (UK) VX10 with a TS 1x coma corrector and ASI 2600MC Duo. gain 101.

Capture and scope control via NINA.

Processing used PI with RC StarXterminator so I could process stars and nebulosity separately.

I used red and blue masks for the nebulosity after splitting the background image and discarding it's green channel. Enhancing the red and blue channels and applying them separately to the background image and applying saturation and curves transformation through the red and blue masks.

The stas only image was given a small boost with saturation and stars and background images reunited with pixelmath.

Hope you like.

NGC6960_02092023_10x300sAskarHaOIII6nm.png

Edited by fwm891
Text added
  • Like 6

• fwm891 changed the title to NGC6960 with an Askar 6nm Ha/OIII filter