NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Keep it simple ,stupid - My friends The moon and Saturn.

Olli

After many frustrating nights trying to set up my az  gti  ( though thank you to those who tried to help) It finally got the better of me and decided to purchase a Az5 Mount to use with my WOZ73. Today was a miserable day weather wise until late evening and the clouds finally gave way . My main target was just going to be the moon to  test out the Mount to see how it feels. I’ve previously have used a as pronto so the slow mo controls were very familiar however the Mount itself seemed extremely well built and stable. I also decided to attach my telrad finder to the scope, though it does look a bit ridiculous on such a small scope but it just fits and is one of the easiest / best finders I’ve used so wanted to give it a whirl.

After having no problems with setting up I set my eyes on the moon first using the  24mm ES eyepiece. Once again this scope never fails to amazed me with crystal clear views of the  craters and also the terminator. The I swapped out the eyepiece to the 14mm Morpheus which revealed even more detail , though started To blind myself from the moonlight. Need to invest in a filter.. Decided to give the family a viewing and their reactions were priceless as always.

I then noticed that Saturn was still visible so once again using the telrad finder and slow mo controls  to locate the object unfortunately Saturn was behind some trees so did not have the best of viewing angle . However it was still visible and showed great sharp views using the 24mm and 14. Though definitely need to invest in a 5mm eyepiece, overall a short session due to clouds and a bad concert being played at a local pub. But  a very enjoyable one. Will hopefully get the gti working one day.

Edited by Olli
  • Like 5